Potato Croquettes With Double Cheese
BY JULIA | JUN 15 2022 | 0 COMMENTS
Covered with panko, and stuffed with two kinds of cheese, these potato croquettes are the most delicious snack you can have. They are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, which just sounds too delightful to not try the recipe.
@themysteriouschef POTATO CROQUETTES DOUBLE CHEESE ‼️ #fy #fypシ #food #asmr ♬ original sound - TheMysteriousChef
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 40 mins
Serves: 5 to 6
For the Croquettes
- 5 medium Russet potatoes
- 7 Tbs. unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, more as needed
- 4 large eggs
- Salt and pepper
- Pinch nutmeg
- 3 store-bought mozzarella sticks, halved
- 3 store-bought cheddar cheese sticks, halved
- 4 cups panko breadcrumbs, use more as needed
- Sunflower oil, for frying
For the Blue Cheese Sauce
- 1-1/2 cups heavy cream
- 2/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Salt and pepper
- 3 Tbs. finely chopped parsley, for garnish
- Add the potatoes to a large pot and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil over high heat and cook until tender. Remove from the water and let cool slightly.
- Peel the potatoes and transfer them to a large bowl. Mash the potatoes with the butter, flour, 1 egg, 1-1/2 tsp. salt, ½ tsp. pepper, and the nutmeg.
- Put the mixture on a lightly floured work surface. With floured hands, pat into a smooth disc.
- Separate the potatoes into 10 equal size balls.
- Flatten each piece as shown in the video. Wrap the first 5 potato patties around 5 cheddar cheese sticks to form croquette shapes. Wrap the remaining 5 potato patties around 5 mozzarella sticks to form croquette shapes. Reserve any remaining cheese sticks for another use.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the remaining 3 eggs. Put the panko in a large, rimmed plate (add more as needed).
- Dredge the croquettes in the eggs, then the panko.
- Heat about 4-inches of oil on medium-high heat in an Excuto or other large, heavy-duty pot until it reaches 350°F. Fry the croquettes in batches until golden. Remove to a paper-towel-lined baking sheet as they become done.
- Heat the cream in a medium saucepan on medium heat until it begins to simmer.
- Bon Appetit