This delightful street food made its way to the United States from Seoul's streets, and we couldn't be happier. But the best street food comes from your own kitchen. So, if you want to make your Sunday afternoon especially spectacular, try our recipe for homemade Korean corn dogs, also known as gamja hot dogs.
Click here to watch a video of it being cooked over an open fire.
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 20 min
- Squeezed lime – ½
- Sticks – 2 pcs
- Sausage – 2 pcs
- Bacon – 200 gr
- Mozzarella – 300 gr
- Tempura mix – 250 gr
- Spring onion – 40 gr
- Sunflower oil – 1L
- Sour Cream – 200 gr
- Red onion – 50 gr
- Jalapeño pepper – 30 gr
- Parsley – 10 gr
- Salt – 5 gr
- Lime zest – ½
- Cut two sausages into four pieces.
- Cube 300 g mozzarella cheese
- One by one, place mozzarella and sausage on 4 Japanese sticks
- Sprinkle 100 gr flour on a dish;
- Soak the sticks in the floor.
- Sift tempura flour into a mixing basin.
- Next, whisk in 150 mL of water.
- Chop the spring onion and mix it into the dough.
- Pour 1lt sunflower oil into a pan and heat to 200 degrees.
- Soak the sticks in the tempura mix floor
- Finally, place the sticks in the hot oil.
- Wait for the sticks to get brown.
- One pack Sour cream
- Cut ¼ red onion
- Cut 2 pieces of jalapeno
- Cut ¼ of Parsley
- Squeeze ½ of the lime
- Salt ½ teaspoon
- Mix all together